Sunday, March 8, 2009

let's go!

Greetings, greetings! =D
I, too, have been recruited to contribute to this blog by the lovely Olivia. While this whole thing is still in its early stages, let me just get this out of the way: my taste in music is not nearly as sophisticated nor my knowledge as vast as that of either of my partners in crime. I love Asian music, and have a penchant (SAT vocab, woohoo!) for Asian pop in particular. Come to think of it, my computer is relatively new and ALL of the music on it so far is Asian... So basically, expect a lot of it from me. I'll mix it up as often as I can with different kinds, but that's where my general comfort zone is. Maybe I'll even surprise you sometimes. :)

Oh and I decided I'm going to try to use proper capitalization on this blog. It's pretty difficult for me since I'm used to using all lower-caps, but hey. Everyone else is doing it. And it looks classy.

When trying to decide what music to put in my first post, sticking with one of my old faves seemed like a good place to start. Five Treasure Island (F.T Island for short) is a Korean group consisting of five boys ranged from ages 16-19. Unlike many Asian pop groups that simply sing, these boys also do their own instrumentals, and man are they good at it. They're cute as a button, to boot! Here's their debut song, self-titled F.T Island or Gok Miri Mannaboki:

This song has really kept its place in my heart! No matter how many times I hear it, I think it still keeps its charm. I highly recommend F.T Island's first album, Cheerful Sensibility. It features a healthy mix of peppy, uplifting songs and emotional, heartfelt ones. Sad to say I haven't listened to any of their newer stuff though. I'm a little intimidated by it... FTI recently went through a strange sort of gothy punk rock phase. Hard to believe, right? It kind of seems to be a necessity to Kpop... Lots of groups went through similar phases. They seem do be done with that now, but Wonbin (the first singer in the vid) is no longer in the band! :( so sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment